Your vehicle is driving erratically, or you’ve got a warning light on your dashboard that was blinking yesterday and now is on steady. What do you do? Hint: the answer is not to put a piece of electrical tape over the warning light and pretend it’s not happening. Quick attention to dashboard lights can save you thousands on serious repairs down the road.
WHAT MAKES A DASHBOARD LIGHT COME ON?
Today’s vehicles are manufactured with complex interrelated systems. On-board computers continuously monitor and store information concerning the performance of these systems. A warning light comes on because the computer has sensed a signal from one of the systems or components that has gone outside of its normal operating range. The computer then sends a signal to turn on the dashboard light to let you know something is wrong!
The potential causes for a warning light can range from improperly tightening your gas cap to engine, transmission or braking system performance issues. While dashboard lights can go on and the car still appears to be driving “fine”, ignoring some lights can lead to serious issues, such as engine damage or other component failure. In some instances, this can be a safety hazard. That’s why it is recommended to have your car looked at by a certified professional as soon as possible for both your safety and peace of mind. To learn more about the different types of dashboard lights visit our Car Warning Lights page.
HOW CAN FX MOBILE MECHANIC SERVICES “DIAGNOSE” MY PROBLEM?
At, FX Mobile Mechanic Services we have the tools, training and technology to properly handle diagnostic issues for everything from a Check Engine light to an ABS Warning light. Properly performing a complete diagnostic procedure normally includes the following steps:
1. Retrieve Data – A full-functioning scan tool is used to perform an onboard computer system analysis in order to retrieve the following:
NOTE: Merely “pulling codes” does not generally provide enough information to make an accurate diagnosis of the problem. Pulling codes is the initial step in the process by identifying the circuit or system that has illuminated the vehicle’s dashboard light.
2. Verification Testing – Verification tests determine if systems meet proper specifications. These tests may include an analysis of:
NOTE: Failure in any of these basic systems can cause the check engine light to illuminate and falsely identify a circuit or component as the problem, which could lead to improper or unnecessary parts replacement if your garage does not complete verification testing.
3. Pinpoint Testing – All manufacturers require that circuit or component pinpoint testing is done in order to make an absolute diagnostic determination. These actions involve:
4. Research Technical Service Bulletins – Technical Service Bulletins and hotline information will indicate if the problem has been determined to be a pattern failure, meaning that it is a known issue that occurs with a particular type of vehicle. This does not eliminate the need for testing, as other systems must meet specifications before a service bulletin procedure should be performed.
5. Car Repair – This may involve multiple actions such as:
6. Verify Repair – Once all necessary actions have been taken, the vehicle must be retested to verify that the repair is complete and has achieved the proper results.
PAGE IS RELATED TO
Open Monday to Sunday 24 hours
Best Mobile Mechanic in Omaha NE!
Looking for a mobile mechanic who will come to you and fix your car truck? At FX Mobile Mechanic Services Omaha, we take pride in our knowledge of the automotive industry and our state-of-the-art equipment, which consistently keep us a cut above other Omaha auto repair shops. We’re always learning new ways to better service our customers and their vehicles, whether it’s your daily driver, a semi that pays the bills, or a weekend cruiser. As a business, we’re dedicated to ensuring the cars and trucks we service perform correctly and dependably.
Acura | Audi | BMW | Buick | Cadillac | Chevrolet | Chrysler | Daewoo | Dodge | Eagle | Fiat | Ford | GMC | Geo | Honda | Hummer | Hyundai | Infiniti | Isuzu | Jaguar | Jeep | Kia | Land Rover | Lexus | Lincoln | Mazda | Mercedes Benz | Mercury | Mini | Mitsubishi | Nissan | Oldsmobile | Plymouth | Pontiac | Porsche | Saab | Saturn | Scion | Smart | Subaru | Suzuki | Toyota | Volkswagen | Volvo
Downtown Omaha, Central Omaha, Southwest Omaha and Sarpy County, including the communities of Bellevue, Blair, Carter Lake, Fort Calhoun, Gretna, La Vista, Millard, Omaha, Papillion, Ralston, Springfield and Waterloo, NE, Lincoln NE and Council Bluffs, IA. Zip codes: 68007, 68010, 68022, 68102, 68104, 68105, 68106, 68107, 68108, 68110, 68111, 68112, 68114, 68116, 68117, 68118, 68122, 68124, 68127, 68130, 68131, 68132, 68134, 68135, 68137, 68142, 68144, 68147, 68152, 68154, 68157, 68164, 68178.
Ourmobile mechanicstypically do general repair and maintenance in any safe location your car is parked. These repairs include;
– Tune ups Omaha NE
– Oil and oil filter Omaha NE
– Brakes Omaha NE
– Air filter Omaha NE
– A/C repairs Omaha NE
– Fuel Injection or Fuel Filter Omaha NE
– Preventative maintenance Omaha NE
– Cooling Systems and Radiator repair Omaha NE
– Alternator Omaha NE
– Water Pump Omaha NE
– Starter/ Solenoids Omaha NE
– Electric Window repair Omaha NE
– Lock outs – Flat tires- Out of Gas Omaha NE
– Suspension – Shocks and Struts Omaha NE
– Gaskets, Belts, Hoses Omaha NE
– Timing Belts Omaha NE
WE RECOMMEND OUR SISTER COMPANIES NEAR OMAHA NEBRASKA 68106 FOR ALL YOUR BUSINESS AND HOUSEHOLD SERVICES NEEDS
Omaha Mobile Mechanic
CONTACT: (402) 513-4411
SERVICES: Mobile Mechanic Omaha, Mobile Mechanic Council Bluffs, Mobile Roadside Assistance, Emergency Auto Repair, Tire Change, Mobile Truck Repair, Diagnostic, Pre-Purchase Inspection, Mobile Power Door and Window Repair.
OPEN 7 DAYS 24 HOURS
Mobile Auto Truck Repair Omaha
CONTACT: (402) 401-7561
SERVICES: Mobile Auto Repair & Mobile Mechanic, RV Repair, Engine Swap, Engine Replacement, Mobile Brake Service, Starter Replacement, Semi-Truck Repair 24 hr
FX Mobile Mechanic Services Omaha
CONTACT: (402) 401 - 7563
SERVICES: Mobile Mechanic Mobile Roadside Assistance Emergency Repair Tire Change
Towing and Roadside Assistance Service Omaha
CONTACT: (402) 590-8094
SERVICES: 24 hour Towing Service, 24 Hour Roadside Assistance, Tow Truck, 24 hr Auto Repair, Towing Service, Roadside Assistance, Jump Start, Fuel Delivery, Tire Repair, Mobile Mechanic, Onsite Auto Truck Repair.
SERVICE AREA: Omaha, Councikl Bluffs, Bellevue, Papillion, Blair, Plattsmouth Nebraska and Iowa.
OPEN 7 DAYS 24 HOURS
This is a 3rd party referral site all calls are serviced by independent mechanics - website policy